31 March 2006

I'm in the wrong business



It's nice to know that in these financially unstable times the UMHS is still finding ways to pay the bills.

Yes, I realize doctors are very busy. Yes, they have mountains of paperwork to complete on all their patients and there are plenty of better things for them to be doing, but $35? It was only a two page form for christsakes. The ultimate irony is that the form in question was a form my insurance company requested in regards to assess the continuance of my disability payments. Somewhere, in some boardroom with a really great view, a bunch of old men in expensive suits are lighting cigars with burning hundred dollar bills and high-fiving.

I couldn't find my pen filled with blood, sweat, and tears, so I wrote, "what a racket" on the memo line of my check.


No comments: