15 January 2008

Been There, Done That

I'm heading back into University of Michigan Hospital tomorrow (Wednesday 1/16) for another surgery in an attempt to get the pressure sore I've been dealing with these last five months to heal properly. Those who've been following along are already aware that the procedure I'm undergoing tomorrow will be a repeat of the one I had back in October. Although highly less than ideal, as I was anticipating as recently as December that at this point in time the wound would be ready to be closed. Upon closer examination, my surgeon determined that the underlying bone might still contain some residual myelitis infection. Thus, he will be opening the sore back up and performing another bone biopsy. This procedure and the subsequent healing period will be a setback of at least another six weeks of convalescence. Thanks to everyone who has and continue to send words of encouragement.

3 comments:

jeremy said...

good luck, d...

Anonymous said...

Good luck from me aswell. I still enjoy reading your blog. :-)

Anonymous said...

hi dan i like to read your blog there was a lot of time I don´t know nothing about you,good luck for the new surgery hoping that it was the last, and continue whith your blog you alwais have something interestingto said kisses from spain