14 December 2007

Beauty Isn't Necesarily Subcutaneous

Back in October I posted a photo of an image of the Virgin Mary that miraculously appeared in an unlikely location on my person. Then I remembered I'm not Catholic and don't believe in such things. For a few days I surmised that, although highly unlikely, someone had secretly been after me with a hatchet and if it was indeed a hatchet wound I should seek medical attention. When I went to the doctor's office it was explained to me that this abscess was in fact a horrific pressure sore. I guess the visage of mother Mary was just an optcal illusion caused by the camera flash.

Fast forward three months: monotonous hours of side-lying in front of the TV, debridment surgery, eight weeks of IV antibiotics, and now wunder-ointments. The result is evident
here.

Progress.


Update: For all the heretics, if you squint it's there.

1 comment:

Parker said...

The Evidents looks like an eyeball.


-Parker J. Young